Friday, January 6, 2017

Year in Review - 2016

Another amazing year. We had a few bumps in the road but overall 2016 was really good to us. We had a lot of exciting things happen.


January

Kinley got a big girl bed and spent about 2 weeks in it before we gave up.

We experienced Kinley's first snow that she could actually go outside in. It wasn't much but I told her it might snow this weekend and she got on the ground and told me she wanted to make a snow angle. The things they remember is amazing! That was almost a year ago!



We found out we were having a boy and not a girl and that his heart was normal after a terrible scare!

February

February was a tough month but we made it through with some good things as well. The Broncos won the superbowl which was super exciting! We had a pretty low key Valentine's Day which I am totally ok with. Daddy and Kinley made me an awesome heart cake for Valentine's Day. It was so sweet of them.



March

March started out pretty awesome with the most amazing baby sprinkle. My friend hosted both Kinley's and Zander's shower and did a phenomial job each time!

We had a fun weekend getaway to Great Wolf Lodge. It was fun to get away for the weekend and do something special with just Kinley before her brother arrived. Little did we know we only had 2 weeks left as a family of 3.



We had a pretty low key Easter but Kinley did get some amazing Easter pictures done. I can not believe how much more grown she looks in just a year.



We ended the month with my 34th birthday and one of my favorite photo shoots yet, our maternity pictures.




April

One week in and our sweet boy made his appearance! He was two weeks early and I had no idea he was coming! Besides his birth, Kinley meeting him was one of the best moments ever. I could share so many pictures but I will save you!

My sister came to visit and the rest of the month we hung out and enjoyed lots of baby snuggles!





May

We had Zander's newborn photo shoot done. They are some of the sweetest pictures but my favorites are the ones with him and Kinley. You can see the bond they have. It melts my heart.



Zander turned a month old and it was seriously the fastest month of my life. Adjusting to life with two littles was difficult but I think we have gotten things down, though we do have our challenges.

Kinley decided she wanted to potty train and did an amazing job!! We did the three day method and she took to it like a champ. She still wears a diaper at night and nap and has been waking up dry more often than not so hopefully her diapers will be all gone soon! My best advice is to bring a potty with you where ever you go for the few few weeks! They have to pee like every 3 seconds at first!

June

Zander had his first beach trip and my youngest sister came to visit. We had a great time and I hate we are so far away.



Matt celebrated his first Father's Day as a daddy of two and I think he had a pretty fabulous day! The pictures are going to be harder and harder to do.

 July

We took our first family trip to Florida to visit my aunt and grandma. We had the best time ever and can not wait to go back. Sitting my the pool with drinks in hand was pretty fabulous!



Zander turned 3 months old and I went back to work. It was a tough adjustment for me this time. I hate leaving the both of them. It really crushes my heart though I know I am doing the right thing.

I found out I was going to be an aunt again and the kids did a police photo shoot! Boy did we do a lot of picture taking in 2016.


August

August was kind of a quiet month for us; as we all were adjusting to me being back at work and the new schedule with both kids in daycare.

My dad and step mom came to visit so we spent a few days at the beach and hanging out with them. I miss them!


September

Kinley started preschool! This was big for us! She has been going to an in home day care since she was about 16 months old. Since her birthday is late she is in the 2's class and technically did not need to start preschool this year but we wanted her to be in a more educational setting. It was a big adjustment at first but she is loving it and all the friends she has made!



My mom came to visit. We had the best time and I wish she lived here.


October

October was a really really rough month for us and I would like to put it behind us. Zander did turn 6 months and I can't believe we are closer to one than birth. Both the kids were pretty sick and that was awful because then Matt and I got it too.

Zander celebrated his first Halloween and him and Kinley were the cutest Tinkerbell and Peter Pan!



November

We went to Colorado to celebrate my sister's baby shower. It was a last minute trip but we all had a great time and the kids were fabulous!



Kinley had her first real dentist visit and she let them clean all of her teeth and no cavities! She also started swim lessons and has done great except going under the water. She will get there, she has had only a handful of lessons so far.


Zander celebrated his first Thanksgiving and had his first visit with Santa...I'd say he did well!



Kinley turned 3! How in the world is she 3?? We had an amazing ice cream social party with friends and family.



December

Kinley had her first show experience, we took her to Disney Live. She enjoyed it and the snow cone that she ate about 6 bites of. Don't worry Matt and I ate the rest!

We made Christmas Cookies and did family photos.


Zander celebrated his first Christmas and loved all the wrapping paper he got to rip up!






I celebrated becoming an auntie again and Kinley and Zander getting another cousin. We can't wait to go visit baby James.

Looking back at 2016 we had a fabulous year. We had a few bumps in the road but we made it through and we can't wait to see what 2017 brings us!




No comments:

Post a Comment