Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Father's Day Weekend

We had such a great Father's Day weekend. Matt works on Saturdays so it was just the kiddos and I until the afternoon. I took the kids to the library for meet Hungry Hungry Caterpillar. A few weeks ago my in laws took Kinley to an event where there were a ton of costumed characters. She loved them all! Especially Curious George, her favorite, so I thought she would have a great time. She surely did!

She loved the caterpillar and would not leave him alone. She did very well waiting her turn but she followed him everywhere. She also did some crafts and read a few books. She had a great time and I am so glad we went. Zander of course slept through 90% of it, I love our Solly Baby wrap so much! I didn't have a wrap with Kinley and wonder now why I never got one. Oh well we survived! After Matt got home I was able to get out of the house with Zander and go grocery shopping. Kinley's tantrums have been a little off the charts so I needed some quiet time and knowing Sunday would be jam packed I took the opportunity.





Sunday was such a fun day! Matt cooked me breakfast and made me coffee; on Father's Day. He sure is a keeper! We headed out to the Marine Science Museum and met his parents. It is not a huge place but with a 2.5 year old who wants to check out every fish and lizard it takes some time to get through. We actually had such a good time that we ended up getting a membership. They have a few toddler activities during the week that would be great indoor activities when the heat is too unbearable to be outside.






It was getting close to nap time but we wanted to get some lunch and the in-laws said they tried a new place out that they really liked. I said lets go for it! Matt and I shared this wonderful sangria that I will definitely be getting one of my own next time. No sharing! We got home Kinley napped and then we grilled some yummy steaks. They were huge and so tasty!


Kinley and Zander are so blessed to have such an amazing daddy. Can you believe this guy was unsure about having kids? He amazes me everyday with his selfless acts towards me and the kids. We are so thankful. We hope you had a wonderful Father's Day! We love you!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment