Monday, March 28, 2016

Pregnancy Update #2: Weeks 32-36

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Ours was great! The countdown is on until this little boy makes his arrival. Any guesses? Time for another update!

Wow I can't believe we are so close to meeting our little boy. There might be one more update if I get a chance before 40 weeks. I went into labor with Kinley at 39 weeks so we shall see. I really have a lot of emotion as this pregnancy is getting down to the end. I have talked about it too much but this will most likely be our last one. It is truly bittersweet! The end of pregnancy is so hard but I will say this time was much better than when I was pregnant with Kinley. Though I am soaking up all the last days with this sweet girl as an only child. I wrote a letter to her a little while back if you want to read it.

Here are the other updates:



I think we are about 95% done with his nursery...FINALLY. After our shower I really started to get things together with getting his nursery done. I can't wait to share some pictures after he is born. We just need a handful of things and we are all set! 

There has been a ton of development these past few weeks so it is hard to clump it all together so I will give the most recent things he is up to at week 36. 
  • He is running out of room and his movements are getting a little painful. He weighs roughly 6 pounds and is about 19 inches long. He will gain a little more in these last few weeks. Kinley was 8lbs1oz at 39w1d. We will have an ultrasound to check on his size in about a week.
  • His kidneys are now fully developed and his liver can process waste products. 
  • His bones and cartilage will stay soft for an easier exit through the birth canal. 
What is going on with me these past few weeks. Along with him a lot of things have changed as we are approaching the end. 



How Far Along: 36 weeks 5 days. As of my appointment last Friday I was measuring right at 36 weeks. Great news! 

Total Weight Gain: As of Friday I am up 24 pounds. Still less than Kinley but I feel I have packed on the pounds these last few weeks. Dang cravings of sweets. 

Best Moments: Like I said there has been so much that has gone on these past few weeks. I had a wonderful shower with some great friends and family and then my work threw me and another girl a shower. The cake was so cute! We had a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge and had a blast. Kinley got her Easter pics taken and LOVED the duck. No surprise there. She is an animal lover. We also had our maternity pictures done and they are AMAZING!!! I am so excited to get the rest of them back and share them. 



Miss Anything: Sleeping through the night without getting up to pee 10  100 times. I don't think that is an exaggeration either. I pee about every 1-2 hours. I also miss being able sit comfortably and being able to get out of chairs without using all my energy. My hips still hurt but I have started going to the chiropractor which has helped a lot. 

Gender: It's a BOY! I mentioned at the last update that they were going to do an ultrasound at 37 weeks to check his size. They didn't have any openings so we will be having one at 37 weeks 6 days. 

Symptoms: Constant peeing and hip pain seem to about sum it up. My back has started to hurt but it isn't everyday. Sitting at work for 10 hour shifts tends to aggravate it so I try to stand when I can or sit on a yoga ball. I have had some bouts of nausea again which is not fun! I am starting to swell in my hands so just the other day I took off my rings because they were starting to hurt. This makes me very sad! 

Mood: Still for the most part happy, though I can tell my patience has been wearing thin. I am exhausted all the time so it is hard to remain calm at all times. Even with her 2 year old tantrums this little girl is the best thing! 


Looking Forward To: To be honest I am looking forward to the end. Like I said it is bittersweet for many reasons. I am very sad about it not just being Kinley and I, though very excited to met our little man. I am also excited to have our ultrasound in a week and a half. I still need to pack our hospital bags and install the car seat. 

We have had a very busy few weeks the past month or so and I am sure the next few weeks are going to be super busy as well. I can't wait to share our maternity pics with you all. Hope you all are having a great Monday!


6 comments:

  1. Since having my baby 14 months ago, I love all things pregnancy, so I adored reading this post and seeing your darling pictures!! How do you look so great?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lindsay!! They grow way too fast! You are sweet!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! My husband is currently deployed so we're unable to start our family yet, but he just told me a few weeks ago that he wants a baby when he comes home this summer. So I'm SO excited and happy :) I've been off birth control for about a year and a half now because we wanted it to just happen whenever it's supposed to, but there's just something about hearing your husband say he's actually ready that makes everything so much more exciting haha I can't wait until I'm able to do these updates! :) I hope your remaining weeks go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you! I hope you guys get pregnant right away! You are amazing for being a military spouse! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is beautiful!! Congrats on baby #2, you are glowing mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Adriana!! We are so excited!

      Delete