Sunday, January 31, 2016

Pregnancy #2 Update: Weeks 26-28

Pregnancy #2 Weeks 26-28


We are officially in the 3rd trimester! Where is this pregnancy going and how is my due date only 12 weeks away. We have had a few things happen these past 2 weeks which thankfully have all been good!

Here is what baby boy has been up to the last few weeks. I am 28 weeks 3 days as of today.

  • He is sleeping and waking at regular intervals. He is definitely more active at certain times. Last night before we went to bed he was doing many flips. Matt actually got to feel him a lot! 
  • He may be able to see light that filters in through the womb
  • He weighs about 2 - 2.5 pounds now. The last ultrasound we had was at 26 weeks 5 days and he was 1lb 15oz so I am sure he has gained since then.
  • He is growing more hair and at this point it has a color to it. We often talk about whether he will be a red head like his sister. I think no. 
  • He is breathing small amounts of amniotic fluid which is helping him practice his breaths for outside the womb. He also gets the hiccups frequently so I know he is practicing his breathing. 
What is going on with me the past few weeks. 

How Far Along: 28 weeks 3 days. I love the comparison shots. I think I am a tad smaller with him and carrying him a little lower.

Total Weight Gain: As of my appointment on Friday I am up 13 pounds. I had quite a jump in the past few weeks so I am hoping to level out again and stay around the average weight gain for the pregnancy, I should probably stop eating all the cookies. 

Best Moments of the Past Few Weeks: Finding out little man's heart is ok! We had an echo done at the high risk and the tech said every thing looked great and there were no concerns. Wow was that some uplifting news. We also found out I passed my glucose test which I am SO excited about because I had gestational diabetes with Kinley and it was not fun! So needless to say we have had a great few weeks. 

Miss Anything: Sleep! These past few weeks sleep has been more difficult. My hips hurt more so I toss and turn a lot. I am also up a lot peeing! This cutie has been struggling with sleep too so that is not helping my exhaustion, but that is nothing new to us.


Gender: BOY! I can't wait to see what he looks like! My dr said they will do one more ultrasound at 37 weeks to check his size. 

Symptoms: My hips are really starting to hurt more. I have been trying to get the yoga video done more often but finding the time these days is really hard. A few ladies in my mom group mentioned seeing a chiropractor so I might look into that as well. I have been trying to sit on a exercise ball at work to see if that will help. 

Mood: I think I am overall pretty happy. I had a pretty rough day at work last week and that made for some emotions, but things are better now and I am back to myself again. It is unbelievable to me how much better I feel this go round. 

Looking Forward to: Getting my shower invite! My friend Chelsea has put so much work into my shower and I know nothing. I can not wait to see the invite! I can't believe that is in 5 weeks and in 6 weeks we will be doing maternity pictures. In the last update I was looking forward to his kicks getting stronger. Well they definitely have. The other night he was having a party and going crazy. Matt really got to feel him from the outside. I even was able to see some movement from the outside. It has been much different having an anterior placenta this time. We are finally starting on the nursery too!


Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment