Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I'm Back...What has been going on

Hello friends!

I know I have been gone a long time but there were just some things that I needed to focus on for a little. I can't believe it has been months since I have blogged...don't judge :) A lot has happened so I thought I would update everyone on life and what has been happening. Sorry in advance for the long post! If you follow me on instagram you have gathered a little peek. Let me start from where we left off.

We went on our first road trip to DC to visit some friends and had a blast. Kinley did awesome on the road trip up and back. She definitely let us know when she was done and thankfully we were just about there when she had had enough. We had such a great time with our friends and can't wait to see them again. The day we came back Kinley's first tooth cut through! No wonder we had all night parties when we were in DC.




We miss these pretty ladies and their sweet boys! 

Shortly after DC Kinley and I went to Colorado to spend some time with my family. I was a little nervous because I was traveling with a baby alone with 10 pounds of luggage. Thankfully she did great and enjoyed all the attention she got from everyone. It was great seeing my sisters and spending time with my mom, dad and step mom. The time always goes too fast so we soak up every second of it. 

Sorry for the crappy picture but it was the only one of all of us. 




Kinley turned 10 months and about a week later took her first steps. It was so special! I even was able to catch it on video! Go me!! She didn't start walking consistently until right around 11 months, and after that it was all over! Just kidding! It has been so much fun since she started walking! 

Matt and I celebrated 3 years of marriage! We had the best wedding in St. Thomas I love looking back at pictures from that day. I am thankful every day for such an amazing husband that puts up with me! Lets be real though I do put up with him too :). We celebrated by going to the new adventure park here and went zip lining. Wow was that amazing and worth every penny spent!





I highly recommend the adventure park if you live in Virginia Beach or come to visit me :)

Kinley celebrated her first Halloween by going trick or treating at the mall. Since she was too young for the candy we walked around and looked at the other costumes. It was perfect since it was cold out and she was too little to actually trick or treat. Of course she was the cutest lady bug around. 


I told you she was the cutest lady bug around. 

We added another road trip unexpectedly to Baltimore. Matt's uncle passed away but we made the best of the trip and enjoyed some quality family time. It wasn't the ideal situation but it is always nice to take a few steps back from everyday life and enjoy one another. Life is truly too short!

We had some family pictures done that I was so in love with! They turned out amazing and I can't wait to book another session with Kirstyn Marie Photography. I ran my first half marathon since having the baby (technically she is a toddler, but she will always be my baby!). I was pretty happy that I finished it in a decent time (for me) and could still walk. My brother in law and father in law ran it with me. 





And the biggest milestone so far was Kinley turning 1. Wow what an amazing day! Her birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year which was so special. We were also in Colorado and got to celebrate with my family. It was special to all of us and she had such a blast at her party. I put a lot of work into the party and was very happy with how things turned out. I will do another blog post on her birthday so I will only share a few pictures, because lets be honest there is probably 1000. When we got back from Colorado we had another party here with our family and friends. Kinley and I were so very excited our friends Erin and Bodie came from Connecticut to celebrate such a memorable day with us! Thanks Erin for making that happen! We love you guys! 





Christmas came and went.  Kinley sat on Santa's lap but was quick to jump down. She is such a busy bee you can't get her to sit anywhere for more than 2 seconds, unless she is reading a book. That girl loves to read books, especially the Llama Llama books. We all had a great Christmas and are truly blessed. We had a great holiday season but to be honest I was glad when it was over. It is so chaotic and with all the traveling it is super busy. I like my routine and was happy to get back in the swing of things! 

New years was nothing special, but I am ok with that. These days I would rather sleep.  Did I mention Kinley is FINALLY sleeping through the night??!!! It only took us a year but we are all getting sleep again. I was definitely more tired the first few days because I was so use to getting up and being up for hours some nights. It is pretty amazing to get sleep again. 

Kinely will be 14 months at the end of January and every day I can't believe how fast it is going and how fast it has gone. I no longer have a baby...we have a toddler. I really do love this age! She is so amazing and watching her learn new things every day is truly a blessing. 

If you are still reading thank you! I know it has been awhile and this post was forever long but I appreciate all of you! I promise to blog more often and keep you all in the loop. We have lots of exciting things coming up this year to include Kinley's first wedding! Gosh we are excited! 

In a nut shell that is what has been going on in our lives the past few months. I will leave you all with a Kinley selfie. Hope every one has a great hump day! 











1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!!! Have I told you how cute your daughter is!? SO.CUTE.

    ReplyDelete