Thursday, July 28, 2016

3 Favorite Meals and Healthy Snacks

Now that I have been back at work for 3 weeks now I want to share some of our favorite quick recipes and snacks. We do a lot of meal prepping on Sundays to prepare for our week. I have been following the 21 day fix meal plan in hopes to clean up my eating and drop a few pounds. Before I went back to work I was getting in the workouts on most days. Now, not so much. It is really hard to find time to work out and I'll be honest it is just not a priority right now. Hopefully in the next couples weeks I can figure how to fit a workout in.


Sundays are our grocery shopping and meal prep day. We literally spend all day food prepping. It is pretty draining and some times annoying to spend our Sundays like that but it is so worth it and makes meals throughout the week so much easier. Matt does dinner 3 nights a week alone so it really helps him out as well.

Favorite Healthy Snacks:

  • Green, Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers
  • Strawberries
  • Apple with Peanut Butter
  • Cantaloupe
  • Peaches
  • Baby Carrots
  • Cucumbers
  • Cottage Cheese
  • String Cheese
Those have been my go to snacks. I usually do a fruit and a veggie for my morning snack and then a veggie, fruit and cottage cheese for my afternoon snack. The key is portion control. I make sure I cut everything up and measure it in my 21 day fix containers. It is a lot of work to cut up 5 bell peppers, 3 packs of strawberries, a cantaloupe and what ever other veggies are on the list for the week on Sunday, but when I am able to just grab a baggie and throw it in my lunch bag I am thankful I cut them all up at once. Kinley loves all of it too so it makes it easy to grab her a snack. 

3 Favorite Meals:

  • Chicken Parmesan over Spaghetti Squash: I LOVE this and it is super easy and great reheated. I like to do baked chicken breasts and then add some mozzarella cheese on top so I am not eating fried chicken and defeating the purpose of healthy eating. I love the spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta
  • Greek Turkey Burgers: I found this recipe and it has been a favorite for the past few weeks. You don't even need a bun which is a bonus for me since I have been trying to cut down on my carbs. The tomato and cucumber salad its such a great addition. Don't forget the feta! 
  • Taco Salad: Such an easy meal to make. Again getting rid of the tortillas. You can have so many options with taco salad. I use ground turkey for the meat but you could use ground beef as well. You could also add in corn or black beans. I love topping it with a little cheese, fresh salsa, avocado and a little sour cream. Though like I said the options are endless.
What are some of your favorite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment