Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Zander - 3 Months

If I remember right they say after 3 months no longer a newborn. Tears! He is starting to look less and less like a newborn each day. We have a baby now. He is such a good boy; these 3 months have seriously been amazing. Looking back at Kinley's 3 month update I said the first 3 months were very challenging. Zander and Kinley are so opposite. I would not describe Zander's first 3 months as challenging. Yes there have been some challenging moments but overall things have been pretty smooth.

He is very laid back and go with the flow kinda guy. I was very strict with Kinley's schedule and it really didn't help us so thankfully Zander goes with the flow. It is hard to have such a strict schedule with a toddler who wants to go go go. Zander looks at us like we are crazy but he doesn't mind!



Stats:
I am not 100% sure what he weights because there isn't a 3 month check up, but I weighed him on our scale and he is just over 12lbs. I also measured his length and he is about 24". He has grown a ton since birth and I am so proud.

Sleep:
He is a pretty awesome sleeper, I am not going to lie. Well deserved after the trying times we have had with Kinley and still have with her. His night time sleep is still random. He has had more nights of sleeping 8ish - 4 or 5ish. One morning he slept until 5:45am. Other nights he is up around 2 to eat but goes right back down with no issues. His naps still are not on a schedule yet but he does pretty well. Some times they are 45 mins and sometimes they are 3 hours. I am hoping with being at daycare and getting older he will start to have more longer naps and we can have an idea of a schedule. If we are not at home he will nap in the Solly or the Ergo fine too. When we are home though he definitely likes to be swaddled and in his crib. He doesn't sleep well on people anymore. He does love the rock n play too. I love how peaceful he looks!



Eating:
We are exclusively breastfeeding and will be for awhile. When I am not working I feed him on demand at home. He eats every 3 hours or so unless he is sleeping. I went back to work this past week so he has been getting pumped milk in a bottle. He seems to be doing 3-4oz every 3-4 hours. He is 4 feedings while I am gone usually. I am pumping 3-5 times during the day to keep up with him. I have not been as crazy about pumping this go around but we still have a good stash in the freezer just in case. I have a fear of running out of breast milk.

Play:
The smiles and the coos melt my heart. He has the best smile! He has laughed maybe once, if we call it a laugh. He tries so hard but just isn't there yet. He is enjoying tummy time a little more this past month, though I think it is because he is rolling over now, belly to back, so he just rolls over when he has had enough, or screams at me. He loves talking to his sister and smiling at everyone. He is such a happy baby. He found his hands this month and loves chewing on his fists. I think it is time to bring out Sophie.



He had his first plane ride to Florida this month and did awesome! If you read about our vacation we had a 5 hour delay and the kids did amazing! We are truly blessed.

He also celebrated his first 4th of July. We didn't take the kids to see fireworks but we did dress up for the occasion. I think Zander was over it! 





These past 3 months have been great. Zander is just what our family needed to balance everything out.













Happy 3 months bubba!

2 Month Update
1 Month Update

No comments:

Post a Comment