Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Some Randomness, A Photo Shoot and Exciting News

Things have been quiet around here but that is only because they have been so busy at home. I went back to work 3 weeks ago and I think we are slowly finding ourselves into a new routine. We have had a few things come up so the kids have been at home a little more with Matt or his mom. It has made the mornings a little easier since I only have to worry about getting myself out of the house. These sunflowers just make me happy :)


If I am being honest about going back to work I would have to say it hasn't been too horrible. I miss the kids terribly but I am enjoying the break as well. I am working 3 10 hour days so I am gone for 12 hours, which makes for VERY long days. But only being gone for 3 days makes it 100% worth it. I think I have been able to get into a good pumping schedule and am able to bring home at least what Zander eats if not more. So it has been successful but I hate pumping. Kuddos to you moms that exclusively pump. I will write about that another time though.

A few weekends ago we were part of an amazing photo shoot for the kids. There has been so much hate going on in the world we were honored to be apart of something so special. Hannah Grace Photography offered a kids portrait story photo session for police kids in our area. If you know me you know I immediately signed the kids up! I love having photos of them and the session was nothing short of amazing! I'll be sharing in all the photos in a post on Friday.


I have been wanting to get Kinley involved in some activity and have been having a very difficult time finding something that works with our schedules. I think I have FINALLY found something, take a guess?!! Yes, you guessed right...gymnastics! So many of the activities are for 3 years and older or are mommy and me which is great but not everyone can do a mommy and me class on a Saturday morning. So finally I have found something that works with our schedules. I am so so excited to put her in gymnastics! Be ready for lots of pictures of gymnastics days over on IG.

My parents have not met Zander yet, though they are both coming out within the next 6 weeks. We are super excited! Dad and Darlene are coming out the first week of August and staying at the beach for a few days! Woo hoo! This will give me a good reason to drag Matt to the beach again before summer is over. We haven't made it to the splash pad yet so maybe we will do that as well. I am going to take a few days off so we will get some quality time with them. It is hard when everyone lives so far away. My mom is coming the beginning of September and I am just so excited. I am not sure what we have planned but I am sure we will find some fun things to do.




Are you ready for the exciting news! I am going to be an AUNTIE again! Julie is pregnant and due in January. They haven't found out gender yet but will in about another month or so. I can't wait to start going through all the clothes and start sending them that way. I just wish we all were closer so Kinley and Zander could play with their cousins. Being far away from family is tough. We are so thankful for technology these days.


I hope everyone is having a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment