Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Zander's First Birthday Party

I have one day until he is officially 1! We celebrated this past weekend and everything was PERFECT! I had this vision in my head and it turned out exactly as I had pictured. I was so happy. It was worth all the long hours! When I came across some decorations for Brown Bear Brown Bear I knew that was the theme!



My dad and stepmom were in town which made the party even more special. We were in Colorado when we celebrated Kinley's first birthday so it was perfect they were here to celebrate Zander's first birthday. I don't have my family here so it was fun they were able to celebrate with us. We had a great turnout of our friends and Matt's family as well! We are so lucky we have amazing friends and family that love our kids so much!



I like having the kids party early in the day when they are the happiest. So since we had it around lunch time I served chicken fingers with fruits and veggies. My goal was a fruit and veggie for each color. It mostly worked out :).







After we all ate and talked and the kids played for awhile it was present time. You know Kinley was more interested in the presents than anyone. Zander did open a few and hung around for a few pictures.





Then it was cake time!! My brother in law made all the single cupcakes but I wanted Zander to have his own cake since it was his first birthday and really can you have a first birthday without a smash cake. I made him the perfect sprinkle cake. It turned out amazing! He wasn't too excited about the cake at first. I think he was a little confused as to why I was putting this big bright looking thing in his face. He finally touched it and figured out he could eat it. He enjoyed the little tastes he got but was over it quite fast, though not before he could smash his hands all over my face! It was pretty funny!












He truly had the best party ever! Like I said it all turned out perfectly and things could not have been better! Party planning is no joke though! I am ready for a break! I am glad him and Kinley's birthday are several months apart! I am going to soak up this last day before he is officially 1! I can't believe it has been almost a year since he joined our family! He is the sweetest boy ever!

Sneak Peak of his photo shoot! Ahhh I am dying of cuteness!!





No comments:

Post a Comment