Friday, January 20, 2017

Zander - 9 Months

The time is flying and he is almost 9.5 months so I better get this update up. I really don't even understand how he is 9 months and I am thinking about planning his first birthday! I am pretty excited to plan a boy birthday but really have no clue what to do. If you have some ideas send them my way! I do not know if I mentioned this last month but he is saying MAMA!! It is the sweetest sound ever!



Stats: He had a 9 month check up this month. He is 18lbs 7oz and 28.7in long. His head is on the smaller side at 41.5cm. The doctor wasn't worried and said he has more of a longer head like mine not as round. We will keep an eye on it though just in case. He is still in size 2 diapers but after this box we are moving up to size 3s! We probably could of started 3s sooner but I wanted to finish out the box we had. He wears a mix of 9 and 12 month clothes.


Sleep: It has been a really rough month! He is so close to crawling so I know that is disrupting his sleep at night. If he is at home he usually gets 2 decent naps but if he isn't home there is no telling how long or if he will nap. He goes to bed anywhere from 6-7pm depending on his last nap and gets up 6-7am. I wish I could say he has gotten more consistent with his night wakes but he is the farthest from consistent right now. It has been hard! He is up a lot and up for long periods of time in the middle of the night. It really is a good thing he is so cute!


Eat: This boy LOVES food and can not get enough. He basically eats anything you put in front of him and doesn't stop. We still do the pouches to get some extra in there and he loves them. He is so opposite his sister and loves being fed, though has started to enjoy feeding himself more this last month. I am not sure we have found anything he does not like. Some days it is hard to get his milk in him as he would rather eat solids. We still nurse on demand, though it has been a struggle lately. I am not sure if he was on a nursing strike or just to distracted by everything else going on. For a few weeks I was only able to nurse him before his sleeps or in the middle of the night. He is still struggling with being constipated with too much solids, but we have started prunes everyday and I think that is helping.



Play: He continues to love playing with his sister. He has started putting more syllables together and blabbing like crazy. Some days he is super quite but others he is so loud! He is pulling himself up on things and loves to stand. He is still trying to figure out how to crawl and gets so frustrated. It is sad! He is pretty good about playing independently if you sit him on the floor with a bunch of toys. Though if he sees something he wants he gets to it! He still loves swinging in the swing and got his first wagon ride that he thinks is pretty awesome. We are working on clapping and waving hi and bye. He loves the bath and loves to splash water all over the place. He gets so happy!







He celebrated his first Christmas and had a blast with the wrapping paper! He continues to be his happy self and brings a smile to everyone's face. Most days I am not sure what life was like without him.




I love this age so much I don't ever want him to get bigger. Though I would love some more sleep, so maybe I do want him to get a little bigger :)




No comments:

Post a Comment